[Pacemaker] on_fail

Romi Verma romi3rdfeb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 05:23:17 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Romi Verma wrote:
>
>  Hi All,
>>
>> pacemaker has one property "on_fail" for any operation configured for a
>> resource. suppose i have set "on_fail" to "fence"  for a monitor operation ,
>> then is it expected to fence the node in case of resource monitor failure ??
>>

> that would seem like a reasonable assumption

Thanks  Andrew for fast reply,

i assume we need stonith for this. when resource monitor will fail on a node
it means that node is undergoing some problematic situation  ,  and due to
this the resource fails over to another node.
Well , now  i am wondering  if a node is not well then stonith will already
come into the action. i mean to say even if i will not set "on_fail" to
fence the node will be fenced by stonith (as other members of cluster will
detect that node is not doing well and they will fence that errant node)

 so why do we have this "on_fail" feature. is there any special benefit of
this "on_fail" feature i am missing??