[Pacemaker] Problem in drbd wiki page?

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Fri Feb 13 02:15:08 EST 2009

Neil Katin wrote:

> I've been trying to upgrade to pacemaker 1.0.1, and have been
> running the examples in a test environment.  I've been trying
> to get the example on the DRBD page to work:
>
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/DRBD_HowTo_1.0
>
> This line seems to have two problems with it:
>
>     crm configure location ms-drbd0-placement ms-drbd0 rule -inf:
> \#uname ne xen-1 or \#uname ne xen-2
>
> The first is the boolean logic is incorrect: the "or" should be an
> "and".

True. Can't fix atm because beekhof's too busy to re-activate my wiki
account after a server upgrade.

> The second problem centers around the score: the -inf seems to be the
> "friendly"
> way to specify negative infinity, but it is not properly translated into
> the relax-ng
> schema's -INFINITY; I get xml parsing errors.  And when I manually
> correct the xml
> then I get warnings from the "friendly" parser when it re-reads the rules.
>
> Should I be specifying -inf or -INFINITY in the line above?

For me, -inf in the crm shell (not in xml!) worked fine, although there
were people reporting problems with it before you. Will have to retry
and wait for my account to eventually fix the doc.

Regards
Dominik