[Pacemaker] Few questions

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:46:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 01:26:56PM +0530, Glory Smith wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Anybody worked on stonith external/sbd?? if yes please reply to my
> following
> > mail.
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Glory Smith <xx2glory at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > > I am New to this list.  i have few questions related to stonith
> external
> > > sbd plugin .
> > >
> > >  i saw that document says that read/write to thd sbd device is single
> point
> > > of failure . if we configure multipath then this should not be SPOF
> anymore
> > > . Right??
>
> Right. Provided your local rat community doesn't consider the
> cables edible.
>
> > >  it says that other nodes can write fence request to the errant node's
> > > mailbox and the errant node gets fenced.
> > >  can any one explain when it will happen .
>
> Whenever the CRM decides a node should be fenced. It has nothing
> to do with sbd.
>
> > > According to my understanding so far, as long as the node is having
> access
> > > to sbd device it will not get fenced and once it looses access to the
> sbd
> > > device it will reset itself . so when  other nodes will get chance to
> fence
> > > a node by writing fence request?
>
> Not true. A node may also get a "poison pill" from another node,
> just as you mentioned yourself in the previous paragraph.

As you said if CRM decides a node should be fenced it will be fenced and it
has nothing to do with sbd.  so in this case cluster must need an another
stonith to provide fencing of errant node.  is my understanding is correct.

can you explain a bit more , how CRM decide that a node should be fence ? is
it when node become unreachable.??

Thanks