[Pacemaker] Few questions

Glory Smith xx2glory at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 03:57:25 EST 2009

Hi All,
I am New to this list.  i have few questions related to stonith external sbd
plugin .

 i saw that document says that read/write to thd sbd device is single point
of failure . if we configure multipath then this should not be SPOF anymore
. Right??

 it says that other nodes can write fence request to the errant node's
mailbox and the errant node gets fenced.
 can any one explain when it will happen .

According to my understanding so far, as long as the node is having access
to sbd device it will not get fenced and once it looses access to the sbd
device it will reset itself . so when  other nodes will get chance to fence
a node by writing fence request?

Thanks