[Pacemaker] Slave does not get become Master after unplugging power cable at master

Diego Remolina diego.remolina at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 18 07:38:29 EDT 2009

Do you have an entry for:

no-quorum-policy="ignore"

Here is how mine looks for a 2 node master/slave drbd fileserver cluster:

property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
         dc-version="1.0.4-6dede86d6105786af3a5321ccf66b44b6914f0aa" \
         cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
         expected-quorum-votes="2" \
         no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
         last-lrm-refresh="1250006912"

On a two node cluster, if one node goes down, there is no quorum, so the
resources will not be migrated. You need to have this entry so that one
node can operate on its own. This was happening to my 2 node cluster, I
would shutdown one node and the second one would not get promoted to
master, that was until I added the no-quorum-policy=ignore entry.

HTH,

Diego