[Pacemaker] ocf_log

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:41:18 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 13:28, Steve Kwee <skwee at itw.de> wrote:

> In my /etc/ha.cf I now have:
> debug           1
> use_logd        false
> logfacility     daemon
>
> I get all crit, error, warning and info messags in the syslog.

Opps - this makes no difference for openais clusters (I missed that
part of your original email).

find this part of openais.conf and change debug: to "on"

logging {
	debug: off
	fileline: off
	to_syslog: yes
	to_stderr: no
	syslog_facility: daemon
	timestamp: on
}

> But I have still some questions.
>
> 1. Is http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Ha.cf#debug_-_set_debug_level
> still valid concerning the changing of the debuglevel ?
> I says:
> ..Additionally, the debug level of the system can be dynamically changed by
> sending the heartbeat process SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 signals. SIGUSR1 raises the
> debug level, and SIGUSR2 lowers it. A sample debug directive is shown below.
>
> Which process should the signal be sent to ?

Whichever one you want to increase its logging.

> Converning the logging of RA-Agents the lrmd ?

They may inherit changes to the lrmd's log level, but i'm not 100% sure.

> If not how do I change the debuglevel ?
> I guess there is a better option than "rcopenais restart"
>
> 2. Is there a relation between ha.cf/debug and the loglevels
> and if where can i find it ?

debug: off means log LOG_INFO and higher
debug: on means log LOG_DEBUG and higher