[Pacemaker] Re: [Linux-HA] the crm command line interface

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 11:42:41 EDT 2008

Hello -

It's a really great tool. Great job! Here are my expirience
(pacemaker-0.6.5-2.2 + Heartbeat 2.1.3-23.1:

Nodes.

1. Status and Show Node show the exactly the same information. Even
when you provide node name in show command it shows all nodes. Is it
supposed so?

cib.

Couldn't test it because crm_shadow wasn't found. Looks like it's a new tool.

Resource.

1. Status without parameters shows a list of resources but doesn't
show the real status of them onlinr/stopped.

2. It's not clear how to migrate a resource to a specific node it it's
possible at all.

3. It would be good if param resource show was able to show all
parameters for a given resource.

4. Again would be good failcount resource was able to show failcounts
for all nodes

Configure.

ERROR: CIB release '2.1' is not supported
ERROR: bad cib

Will try this part later when I upgrade it to the latest version,
though I think that you shall consider support for old releases as
well.

Options.

1. Help message for skill-level command doesn't say what are possible
options. Entering "skill-level high" crashes the program:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./crm", line 3117, in <module>
    parse_line(levels,shlex.split(inp))
  File "./crm", line 3037, in parse_line
    rv = d() # execute the command
  File "./crm", line 3036, in <lambda>
    d = lambda: cmd[0](*args)
  File "./crm", line 255, in set_skill_level
    if skill_level in skill_levels:
NameError: global name 'skill_levels' is not defined

2. pager/editor/skill-level/user commands without parameters should
show current values.

Thanks for the great job!

Serge.

Serge Dubrouski.