[Pacemaker] Problem doing failover on Multi State instance, Failed Master is still considered as Master

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Thu Nov 13 12:38:32 EST 2008

Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] escribió:
>> Adrian Chapela wrote:
>>

>>> Now, my question is other.. how can I have a stonith with only two
>>> nodes ?
>>>
> I know the number of nodes is not a problem but I don't want depend of
> another hardware (RACKPDU), but I don't know another solution to take a
> node down without network connectivity.

you can try to use server with a remote managment card such as an ilo2
(hp servers). but i think its much harder to guarantee that such a
complex thing is always working as expected.

>> stonith is not directly related to the amount of nodes you have.
>> the configuration similar to [1] is working for me.
>>
> Could you recommend me a good rackpdu ? and a cheap pdu ;) ?

we're using the apc ones. i once compiled a list with recommendations
from nanog:
* APC
* http://www.apanet.pl/
* http://www.webpowerswitch.com/
* Emerson
* http://www.tripplite.com/
* http://www.baytech.net/
* Avocent/Cyclades
* http://www.audionics.co.uk/products/emu.htm
*
http://web2.raritan.adxstudio.com/products/power-management/Dominion-PX/DPCR20A-32/

* http://www.racksolutions.co.uk/

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15