[Pacemaker] Stonith device

Adrian Chapela achapela.rexistros at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:38:34 EST 2008

Hello!

I am trying to test some stonith config (without hardware for now...)
but I can't. I want a dummy sonith device. I only want one node thinks
about the other node was stonith and then the first node could continue
doing failover.

SSH is not a good option, because I am trying to simulate a network
failure on the node (unplug the wire on the node..). I am thinking on a
dummy device or in a serial port stonith device. Is there any option to
use a serial port send poweroff by serial port to the other node ?

When test will be OK,  I could get a Remote Power Manager Unit.

Thank you!