[Pacemaker] Manging Virtual Machine's resource

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri May 16 09:58:59 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-16T09:28:07, Lon Hohberger <lhh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Because rgmanager and pacemaker diverged slightly on the OCF RA API
> metadata bits, there might be some small tweaks required.

Which reminds me to ask - this sounds as if you already did an analysis
of these differences, can you share your thoughts on what they are and
how we might overcome them?

> For the fencing agent to work with domUs (that are moving around), dom0s
> need to be in a CMAN+openais cluster right now, but we could drop this
> and make this an openais-only requirement if you'd like (it shouldn't be
> hard, but we'd lose physical node fencing information in the
> short-term).

How so? At least in case of pacemaker/crm, the CRM orchestrates the
migration, and thus always knows where it's running. (And this is DomUs
as a resource, so I'm not sure how fencing fits into this picture.)

Regards,
    Lars