[Pacemaker] Pluggable quorum plugin for pacemaker ?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Fri May 2 08:00:00 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-23T17:48:04, Andrew Beekhof <beekhof at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Xinwei Hu <hxinwei at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   It seems that pacemaker support internal quorum only so far. Is
> >  there any plan to change that so that we can add other quorum plugins
> >  into ? like qdisk from RHCS ?
>
> When running on Heartbeat, Pacemaker consumes the membership and
> quorum data from the CCM.
>
> However OpenAIS only publishes membership information without any
> quorum details.
> So to fill the void there is some code that does a simple quorum
> calculation inside the libcrmcluster.so library.
>
> Ideally this code would be removed and Pacemaker would instead consume
> quorum details from "something else" which could implement quorum any
> way it wanted it (obviously we'd need a standardized API for this).
>
> Unfortunately that task isn't high on my to-do list, but I'd of course
> be happy to answer any questions if you (or anyone else) was
> interested in implementing it (particularly if it integrated with
> RedHat's quorum components).

Instead of a qdisk plugin, I'd be more interested in seeing openAIS
supporting communication via non-TCP channels (like shared storage
areas, Infiniband etc).

For the split-site/BCC thingy, some hierarchical quorum would be nice;
site-local quorum is different from global quorum, for example.

Regards,
    Lars