[Pacemaker] Does pingd works on openais?

Atanas Dyulgerov atanas.dyulgerov at postpath.com
Wed Mar 19 05:38:41 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Beekhof [mailto:beekhof at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:59 AM
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] Does pingd works on openais?

>> Heartbeat/Pacemaker does not support resource fencing.
>
>Technically it does (or could)... you just need to write an RA that
>implements the locking you want.
>
>a) write the locking RA

Do you plan to implement such locking RA?

>b) run it everywhere as a clone
>c) have the RA "fail" when the node/resource/whatever (a fancy version
>might implement more than one zone) is "fenced"

I don't understand how to configure that. If I use on_fail=fence,
Pacemaker will fence the node? How to tell Pacemaker to fence resource?

>d) have any resource that needs resource fencing depend on the lock
>resource (colocation)

Could please explain how to configure such collocation? Or it is not
yet possible?

How to order resource fencing? OCF RA should support resource fencing.
Which resources OCF can do that? (GNBD, iSCSI, ...). Resources which
support locking I guess?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Atanas