[Pacemaker] CRM and openAIS

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:45:48 EST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008, at 7:49 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

>>> I'm kind of disagree. Without them CRM is almost useless,
>>
>> well in theory the Red Hat (or anyone else) could supply their own
>> set of
>> RAs which could be used instead
>
> They belong into heartbeat-resources, that's fine.
>
>>> so I'd put them into pacemaker-openais.
>>
>> Even if I wanted to (which I'm not convinced I do), there are
>> political
>> problems with doing so and we would start having double maintenance
>> issues.
>> If anything, I'd merge heartbeat-resources with heartbeat-common.
>
> No, I think they should remain separate. Clearly they don't belong
> into
> pacemaker-ais, as they can be used w/o pacemaker as well.
>
> (I know this is not your interest, but for the Linux HA project in
> "legacy mode" it matters, once Alan gets over the split itself.)

Just to be clear, if that was directed at me, I agree that they should
not be part of pacemaker (which is why they are not part of the source
tree).
Apologies if "which I'm not convinced I do" wasn't clear enough in
that respect - I was merely playing devil's advocate.

And I tend to agree about them being in heartbeat-resources... though
its largely an academic point anyway.