[ClusterLabs] kvm live migration, resource moving

Kyle O'Donnell kyleo at 0b10.mx
Wed Feb 3 14:47:28 CET 2016

Hi,

(apologies for cross posting, got a note that the pacemaker list is dead)

I'm using the predefined VirtualDomain resource type to mange kvm guests with
pacemaker.  I am trying to sort out the best way I can use the built-in live
migration function within virsh:

# virsh migrate --live guest qemu+ssh://destination-host/system

Currently, I have to disable monitoring for the resource, run the live
migrate, do maintenance on the original host, live migrate back, enable
monitoring.  Which is fine if I plan on migrating the guest back to the
original host, but when I want to permanently move a guest from one host to
another I need to be able to tell the cluster, heh I've already moved this
from A to B, please start monitoring on B.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Kyle