[Pacemaker] is_managed meta attribute on suse 10 with heartbeat + pacemaker

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Sat Jul 12 20:36:43 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-10T21:57:24, emmanuel segura <emi2fast at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know heartbeat is deprecated, but we have an old cluster, and today
> i tryed to disable the cluster monitoring for maintance on a resource
> using the following command "crm_resource -r myresource -t primitive
> -p is_managed -v off", but after this, the cluster stopped the
> resource, so my question is, is_managed is different between suse 10
> and suse 11 pacemaker version.

SLES 10 did not yet ship pacemaker, but heartbeat with the builtin crm
(the predecessor to pacemaker).

In theory, is_managed off isn't supposed to stop resources on SLES10
either, but you may be lacking a --meta in that commandline.

It's conceivable of course that you're hitting a rare bug, in which case
you may have to report it to SUSE; that version is based on heartbeat
2.1.4 with heavy backports from pacemaker, I doubt anyone here can help
with that. (And, frankly, I'm praying I don't have to go dig out that
code again myself ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--