[Pacemaker] Heartbeat Anything cmdline_options vs. Removing active resource from a group

Reid, Mike MBReid at thepei.com
Mon Mar 4 18:43:02 EST 2013

Attached is an excerpt from our two node (active/passive) Web cluster. We are currently launching uWSGI via the ocf:heartbeat:anything RA (see below).

I would like to make some slight changes to the "cmdline_options" argument on our running cluster... (via "crm configure edit")

Do I need to stop the resWSGI resource first before making this type of change? Does it matter that it's in a co-located resource group? I am not sure if the best approach is to remove it from the group, stop/delete, and re-add with the adjusted cmdline_options or if heatbeat:anything RA allows adjusting said arguments on-the-fly?

Appreciate any advice on best practices when updating against currently running cluster. I have read about setting maintenance-mode=true during planned maintenance like this (to prevent failover, etc), but I wanted to confirm the best approach when changing existing resources vs. adding new ones, especially when grouped.

primitive resFS ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/repdata" directory="/data" fstype="ext4" \
op monitor interval="120s"

primitive resPROXY ocf:heartbeat:nginx \
params conffile="/etc/nginx/nginx.conf" \
op monitor interval="60s" \
op start interval="0" timeout="40"

primitive resWSGI ocf:heartbeat:anything \

params binfile="/usr/local/bin/uwsgi" cmdline_options="--emperor /etc/uwsgi/apps-enabled/ --emperor-pidfile /var/run/uwsgi.pid --catch-exceptions --daemonize /var/log/uwsgi.log --enable-threads" pidfile="/var/run/uwsgi.pid" \
op start interval="0" timeout="20" \
op stop interval="0" timeout="30" \
op monitor interval="20" \
meta target-role="Started"

group web resFS resWSGI resPROXY

colocation web_on_drbd inf: web msDRBD:Master