[Pacemaker] Fixed! - Re: Problem with dual-PDU fencing node with redundant PSUs

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Jun 28 11:45:42 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-28T11:20:32, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> Yes, a failed "on" action would then fail the method. This is
> sub-optimal as FenceAgentAPI says that only the "off" portion of
> "reboot" needs to succeed. However, I don't consider this a show stopper
> because "on" action of PDUs simply means "re-energize the outlet". If
> the node blew up, it won't boot, but the "on" will still succeed, so the
> overall method would succeed.

Wait. If the "failed on" would fail this method, the fence will still be
considered "failed", right? Hence the cluster would block?

> Again though, with all this said, I will be happy with just keeping this
> existing functionality. It works.

Sure, given enough thrust, pigs achieve amazing things ;-)

> In fact, I'll write 'fence_apc_multi' as a proof of concept. Give me the
> weekend to do this.

But why? Why not spend that time on fixing it properly, if you're going
to fix it? It's a horrible hack!

I'll shut up now.

Regards,
    Lars