[Pacemaker] Fixed! - Re: Problem with dual-PDU fencing node with redundant PSUs

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Jun 28 10:39:01 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-28T10:27:54, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> > Basically, unless we can do this better, having multiple devices per
> > fence topology level needs to be considered broken and might be better
> > removed.
> NO NO NO NO.
>
> Please do not remove this. I can not use pacemaker unless I can keep the
> power rails redundant. What we have now may not be elegant, but it
> works. I would be a very sad panda if this functionality was removed.

It was a bit tongue-in-cheek. But the syntax is so horrible that forcing
it on users *is* broken; requiring this kludge when *all* fencing
topologies specifying multiple devices per level will need this is not
good and a support nightmare.

Also, it is *not* working fine for you, or is it? What happens when one
of your fence devices cannot be turned on again?

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA