[Pacemaker] Release model

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Jun 28 10:15:28 EDT 2013

On 06/28/2013 08:04 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Under this model, not only do I have to find the time to write and test the new addition, but I also have to:
> * keep maintaining the old code until... when?
> * probably write and maintain a compatibility layer
> * make it possible to choose which gets used (a small but annoying task)
> * make it possible to figure out which was in use for support
> * educate people that there are two, and when to chose one over the other
> * answer copious emails from confused users

Won't all this need to be settled before RHEL 7 ships anyway? There will
be a 10 year support life of the version shipped on day 1, and I quite
strongly expect that pcmk will have long-ago moved on while this version
still needs supporting.

Or will that part of things be handled but a team in RHEL, as you
mentioned earlier about it being up to the EL people to sort out?

I've got no opinion either way, I am just curious as a user how the
mechanics of this work/will work.

--
Digimer
access to education?