[Pacemaker] Fixed! - Re: Problem with dual-PDU fencing node with redundant PSUs

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Jun 28 09:28:28 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-28T21:01:55, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > I'd agree, but it's not multiple ports on the same device, it's multiple
> > ports on *different* devices. I don't think a single fencing agent can
> > handle that - it really looks like something only the higher level can
> > cope with.
> True, it wouldn't handle that case but the case itself seems needlessly complex to me.
> Particularly since we've gotten by until very recently with single devices.

Well, I'm inclined to agree, but it seems that digimer's use case is
also valid, and apparently quite widespread (especially for RHEL
users?).

And I certainly don't want to be the one validating configurations like
the one she posted ;-)

Basically, unless we can do this better, having multiple devices per
fence topology level needs to be considered broken and might be better
removed.

Regards,
    Lars

--