[Pacemaker] corosync stop and consequences

andreas graeper agraeper at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:40:57 EDT 2013

thanks four your answer.
but still question open.

when i switch off the active node: though this is done reliable for me, the
still passive node wants to know for sure and will kill the (already dead)
former active node.
i have no stonith-hardware (and i could not find till now stonith:null what
would help for the first) and so i'm still asking whether there is a clean
way to change roles ?
but maybe the message from Andrew has answered this already. he told: no !
(if i understand right)

i thought of something like
  crm resource demote m_drbd    # on active node, and all that resources
that depend on drbd:master was stopped
  crm resource promote m_drbd   # on passive node after active node was
stopped and !!! the passive node was informed about the active is not
active any longer and does not need killed

if pm actively stops all the resources and demotes drbd then it knows about
this condition ? at least if all stops and demotes succeed.

and again to that drbd-handler organized location-constraint:
if it tells, that drbd:master must not started on other than n1, it could
get started on n1 if n1 would know for sure n2 has gone.