[Pacemaker] Reminder: Pacemaker-1.1.10-rc5 is out there

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Jun 26 05:30:42 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-25T20:28:29, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > Perhaps a numbering scheme like the Linux kernel would fit better than a
> > stable/unstable branch distinction. Changes that deserve the "unstable"
> > term are really really rare (and I'm sure we've all learned from them),
> > so it may be better to then just have a slightly longer test cycle for
> > these.
> What about the API changes?

Distributions can take care of them when they integrate them; basically
they'll trickle through until the whole stack the distributions ship
builds again.

I *was* surprised to find one of those in -rc5, though - the merged
cluster glue code was something I'd have expected significantly earlier
in a release cycle (and the API to be stable during the -rc phase,
barring security issues or similar disasters).  ;-)

Important is to of course keep the major/minor numbers of the libraries
updated so one doesn't get runtime problems.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA