[Pacemaker] ERROR: Wrong stack o2cb

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Tue Jun 25 13:34:30 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

This might help some - the second to last post:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.highavailability.pacemaker/13918

I'll quote Bruno Macadre:

<quote>
I don't known if you solved your problem but I just have the same
behavior on my fresh installed pacemaker.

	With the 2 lines :
p_o2cb:1_monitor_0 (node=nas1, call=10, rc=5,status=complete): not installed
p_o2cb:0_monitor_0 (node=nas2, call=10, rc=5, status=complete): not
installed

	After some tries, I've found a bug in the resource agent ocf:pacemaker:o2cb

	When this agent start, his first action is to do a 'o2cb_monitor' to
check if o2cb is already started. If not (ie $? == $OCF_NOT_RUNNING) it
load all needed adn finally start.

	The bug is that 'o2cb_monitor' return $OCF_NOT_RUNNING if something is
missing, except for the module 'ocfs2_user_stack' which he returns
$OCF_ERR_INSTALLED. So if the module 'ocfs2_user_stack' is not loaded
before starting ocf:pacemaker:o2cb resource agent it fails to start with
'not installed' error.

	The workaround I've just find is to place 'ocfs2_user_stack' in my
/etc/modules on all nodes and all works fine.

	I hope I helped someone and this bug was corrected in future release of
o2cb RA.
</quote>

I took a look at the current RA and around lines 341-5 there is this check in the monitor code:
    grep user "$LOADED_PLUGINS_FILE" >/dev/null 2>&1; rc=$?
    if [ $rc != 0 ]; then
	ocf_log err "Wrong stack `cat $LOADED_PLUGINS_FILE`"
	return $OCF_ERR_INSTALLED
    fi

I'm guessing if you run:
grep user /sys/fs/ocfs2/loaded_cluster_plugins 2>&1; rc=$?

your going to return a 1 or something other than 0.

Also in the above thread the 4th to last post from Andreas Kurz @Hastexo mentions this:
     > This message was immediately followed by "Wrong stack" errors, and

     check the content of /sysfs/fs/ocfs2/loaded_cluster_plugins ... and if
     you have that configfile and it contains the value "user" this is a good
     sign you have started ocfs2/o2cb via init

HTH

Jake