[Pacemaker] corosync stop and consequences

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Jun 25 10:24:29 EDT 2013

On 06/25/2013 07:29 AM, andreas graeper wrote:
> hi,
> maybe again and again the same question, please excuse.
>
> two nodes (n1 active / n2 passive) and `service corosync stop` on active.
> does the node, that is going down, tells the other that he has gone,
> before he actually disconnect ?
> so that there is no reason for n2 to kill n1 ?
>
> on n2 after n1.corosync.stop :
>
> drbd:promote OK
> lvm:start OK
> filesystem:start OK
> but ipaddr2 still stopped ?
>
> n1::drbd:demote works ?! so i would expect that all that depending
> resource should have been
> stopped successfully ?!
> and if not, why ? why should ipaddr2:stop fail
> and if it would fail, can filesystem:stop , lvm:stop , drbd:demote
> succeed ?
>
> how can i find some hint in logs why ipaddr fails to start ?
>
> thanks
> andreas

If you stop corosync while pacemaker is running, it may well still get
fenced (I've not tested this myself). If you want to gracefully shut
down without a fence, migrate the services off of the node (if any were
running), then stop pacemaker, then stop corosync and it should be fine.

--
Digimer
access to education?