[Pacemaker] Reminder: Pacemaker-1.1.10-rc5 is out there

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Jun 25 01:43:51 EDT 2013

On 25/06/2013, at 2:33 PM, Andrey Groshev <greenx at yandex.ru> wrote:

> 25.06.2013, 04:46, "Andrew Beekhof" <andrew at beekhof.net>:

>>>  Is it going to be 1.1.10 or 1.2.0 (2.0.0)?
>>
>> First its going to be 1.1.10 and, if there is still no-one screaming, after a couple of weeks it will become 2.0[.0]
>
> What is really new in this version to change the major version?

Compared to what? To 1.1.10 hopefully nothing, but that was always the point.

> So far there are changes in the interface and API.
> IMHO, a stable product should not be such.

1.1 is not a stable branch, thats the entire point of re-releasing 1.1.10 as 2.0:

   http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2010/new-pacemaker-release-series/

Only instead of stopping development in 2010 and releasing 1.2.0, we kept going and the subsequent 4511 changesets and "3490 files changed, 410422 insertions(+), 144311 deletions(-)" justify the 2.0 moniker.