[Pacemaker] Two resource nodes + one quorum node

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Jun 13 05:33:13 EDT 2013

On 2013-06-13T07:45:09, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> Its certainly possible to build a decent 2-node cluster, but there are several non-obvious steps that are required - preventing fencing loops being one.

Given that 2-node clusters are probably still the 90%+ majority, I
wonder if we shouldn't make them easier somehow.

One of the caveats is that no-quorum-policy defaults to a value that
doesn't make sense for <=2 nodes; maybe we should change that again?

And maybe we can add generic code to pacemaker/corosync to avoid fence
loops: don't start automatically after an unclean restart, generic delay
of the not-yet-DC node if a 2-node cluster splits, etc.

What other caveats are there?

Regards,
    Lars

--