[Pacemaker] group resource starting parallel

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 10 12:14:27 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 03:28:56PM +0000, Wolfgang Routschka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 09:01:33AM +0200, Florian Crouzat wrote:
> > Le 05/06/2013 16:23, Wolfgang Routschka a ?crit :
> > >Hi Guys,
> > >
> > >one question about group  resource for starting parallel configuring
> > >with crmshell (Scientific Linux 64 with pacemaker 1.1.8-7, cman-3.0.12.1-49 and crmsh-1.2.5-55).
> > >
> > >in my 2 node cluster I?ll configured a group with 40 ip-address
> > >resources for easy managing. Now I want that start the resources parallel.
> > >
> > >in my crmshell I cannot use the option "meta ordered=false"  - these
> > >option is no longer disponse for my information
> > >
> > >Afte searching i found "resource sets" so I hope it?s correct for my
> > >way  to parallel my resources but I can?t configure resource sets in crmshell in my opinion.
> > >
> > >How can I configure my resources to start parallel?
> > >
> > >Greetings Wolfgang
> >
> > Well, as one the primary author of pacemaker once said[1] "Unordered
> > and/or uncolocated groups are an abomination."
> >
> > I don't know if his position has moved but a group beeing a syntaxic
> > shortcut for ordering+collocation, trying to make it behave otherwise
> > might not be a good idea, even if I understand your need to address a
> > group of 40 resources in a command.
> >
> > Question: the couple seconds (if not a single second) required to
> > start synchronously 40 IPaddr2 RA are too long to wait for you ? Why
> > do you /must/ start them in parallel ?
>
> I can only start my Web-Application after running all ip-resources so the first ip-resource is offline in the meantime.
>

> >That's what a resource set is for. Just define a collocation with those 40 IP address resources.
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Dejan
>
> I don´t know how can I configure resource sets in crmshell exactly. For my information a resource set is called if 2 or more resources are in relationship in a colocation - is it right?

Yes.

> crm configure colocation c_parallel inf: (resource1, resource2, resource3, resource4....)

You should drop commas:

crm configure colocation c_parallel inf: (resource1 resource2 resource3 resource4....)

But anyway, I think that you want to remove the parenthesis:

crm configure colocation c_parallel inf: resource1 resource2 resource3 resource4....

That should keep the resources together, but still allow that
they start in parallel.

Thanks,

Dejan