[Pacemaker] uname eq node-name

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Mon Jun 10 12:33:49 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I couldn't find a definitive source stating that
a corosync/pacemaker/cman cluster must follow the
rule: uname -n == node-name (== DNS-name of communication-IP)

Can someone give a hint for related documentation?

The question arises when you want to configure a
cman based cluster (cluster.conf) having a uname -n
equal to the DNS-name of the external ip address but
whant to route the cluster communication over
the internal IP-adresse (cluster interconnect).
I couldn't find a solution that doesn't use the
DNS-names of the internal ip-addresses as node-names.

Hints and rules welcome!

Best regards
Andreas Mock