[Pacemaker] Removing resource from group without disturbing remaining resources in group

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Thu Jun 6 10:35:19 EDT 2013

Hi all,

is there a way to remove a resource from a group without
disturbing the other resources in the group.

The following example:
- G1 has R1 R2 R3
- All resources are started
- Stopping R1 would cause a stop of R2 R3
- So, the idea was:
* crm configure edit => remove R1 from the group while running
* stop resource
* delete resource

BUT: At some point (which we couldn't find out at
the moment) all remaining resources of the group are
restarted. It seems that the change of the implicit
dependency tree of the initial group forces a rebuild
of that tree including a restart of that group.
(Andrew: Is this assumption right?)

So, is there are way to add/remove resources from
group without disturbing the other resources.
It's clear to me that the resources would restart
when the node assignment after removing would change.

Hints welcome.

Best regards
Andreas Mock