[Pacemaker] reg. clone/master-slave

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 02:03:15 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Can someone please help me in below scenario:

I want my daemon running on 2 nodes to be monitored using HB+pacemaker.
The daemon is already running before the RA is configured using crm,

#crm configure primitive my_daemon lsb::testd meta allow-migrate="true"
is-managed="false" migration-threshold="1" failure-timeout="30s" op monitor
interval="5s" on-fail="standby"

#crm configure clone my_daemon_clone my_daemon

I configured it using clone.

>From pacemaker guide I saw:

Clones: for services which need to be active on multiple nodes
Multi-state: for services with multiple modes (eg. master/slave,
primary/seco ndary)

I just want to know when the RA need to configured as clone and when they
need to be configured as master-agent.

Thanks
Eswar