[Pacemaker] DRBD into standalone mode when failover

Weihua JIANG weihua.jiang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 09:35:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I want a typical active/passive mode HA solution.

My Pacemaker configuration as below:
3 Nodes:
node Lezbxh0jl
node Ljn74rici
node L472nxxdy (standby)
The 3rd node L472nxxdy is only used for quorum election. So, I forced it to
enter standby mode to avoid resource migrated to it.

The resource configuration is:
primitive drbd_proj ocf:heartbeat:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="r0" \
        op monitor interval="15s"
primitive fs_proj ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
        op monitor interval="15s" \
        params device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/proj/drbd" fstype="ext3" \
        meta target-role="Started"
primitive ip_proj ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="192.168.201.201" cidr_netmask="32" \
        op monitor interval="15s" \
        meta target-role="Started"
primitive myserv lsb:proj-service \
        op monitor interval="15s" \
        meta target-role="Started" is-managed="true"
ms ms_drbd_proj drbd_proj \
        meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Started"
location master_prefer_on_active ms_drbd_proj 50: Ljn74rici
colocation fs_ip_on_same_node inf: ip_proj fs_proj
colocation fs_on_drbd inf: fs_proj ms_drbd_proj:Master
colocation myserv_on_ip inf: myserv ip_proj
order proj_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_proj:promote fs_proj:start
order ip_after_fs inf: fs_proj:start ip_proj:start
order myserv_after_ip inf: ip_proj:start myserv:start
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.1.6-3.el6-a02c0f19a00c1eb2527ad38f146ebc0834814558" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        expected-quorum-votes="2" \
        stonith-enabled="false"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
        resource-stickiness="100"

Currently, I have following problems:
1. After failover, the DRBD partition enters into standalone mode. This
means the failover can only happen once.
2. The failover is slow. I checked /var/log/messages and found there are
many attempts to migrate resource to standby node. After these failed
attempts, resource migrates to backup node. So, how to restrict certain
resources to only certain node sets instead of using standby node solution?
3. In some situations, the failover will not happen. For example, if I
block the active node's network via network congestion leads the service
unavailable (up to 1 min), but HA doesn't switch.

Can you help to review my configuration and tell which parts shall be fixed?

Thanks
Weihua