[Pacemaker] more newbie questions

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Tue Jun 4 00:44:15 EDT 2013

Hi

One this page  http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2012/09/16/pacemaker-load-balancing-with-clone/

There is this
=======================
sudo crm configure primitive p_vip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
    params ip="172.17.1.100" cidr_netmask="24" nic="eth0" clusterip_hash="sourceip-sourceport" \
    op start interval="0s" timeout="60s" \
    op monitor interval="5s" timeout="20s" \
    op stop interval="0s" timeout="60s" \
=======================

I have done this
crm ra info ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2

to find out more info on IPaddr2, but I am looking for info on the
op start
op monito
op stop

where can I find that. Googling show these in examples but doesn't explain them.

Also

I have this setup

node dc1uatrp01 \
        attributes standby="off"
node dc1uatrp02 \
        attributes standby="off"
primitive ybrpip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="10.32.21.30" cidr_netmask="24" \
        op monitor interval="5s"
primitive ybrpstat ocf:yb:ybrp \
        op monitor interval="5s"
group ybrp ybrpip ybrpstat
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.1.7-6.el6-148fccfd5985c5590cc601123c6c16e966b85d14" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        expected-quorum-votes="2" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
        last-lrm-refresh="1370318166"

I  saw in one of the other threads a similar setup,  and there was talk about setting up a resource like ybrpstat as a clone.

ybrpstat , just checks to see if an app is running on the local machine ps first then api check. but I don't think I want pacemaker to be the one that stops and starts it so I have implemented just a check and monitor.

So would it be better to make this  a clone on both nodes (how does the config look)?
If I do that then the update procedure on a node would be

Turn node offline (how do I do that instead of just turning off pacemaker)
Update software
Turn node online (restart pacemaker)

I would presume I would have to do that, because pacemaker would restart the app if it found it not running ?

Thanks
Alex