[Pacemaker] resource running on both nodes

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 08:52:39 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Can someone please help me in my below setup??

I have 2 node setup with HB+pacemaker.
I have my app running on both the nodes before the start of HB and
pacemaker.

Later I configured the crm as below:

# crm configure primitive havip ocf:IPaddr2 params ip=192.168.101.205
cidr_netmask=32 nic=eth1 op monitor interval=30s
# crm configure primitive oc_proxyapp lsb::proxyapp  meta
allow-migrate="true" migration-threshold="3" failure-timeout="30s" op
monitor interval="5s"

#crm configure colocation oc-havip INFINITY: havip oc_proxyapp

My intention is to monitor the already running instance and a vip is
attached to only one node. If the app fails for 3 times on the current
node, automatically the vip should be moved to another node but the app
shouldn't be restarted.

With the above config, the app is getting stopped on the second node and
getting re-started in first node.
>From logs, I could see  WARN: native_create_actions: See
http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/FAQ#Resource_is_Too_Active for more information.

I tried with is-managed="false" also but in that case the app will not get
restarted as per my understanding.

So please let me know how can I monitor an already running instance on both
nodes with some migration threshold ???

Thanks
Eswar