[Pacemaker] clear failcount when monitor is successful?

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at clusterbau.com
Wed Apr 24 02:47:26 EDT 2013

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2013, 08:35:29 schrieb Johan Huysmans:
> I tried the failure-timeout.
> But I noticed that when the failure-timeout resets the failcount the
> resource becomes OK in the crm_mon view.
> However the resource is still failing.
>
> This shouldn't happen, Can this behaviour be changed with some setting?
>
> gr.
> Johan
>
> On 24-04-13 07:23, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> > On 23/04/2013, at 11:24 PM, Johan Huysmans <johan.huysmans at inuits.be>
wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I have a cloned resource, running on my both nodes, my on-fail is set to
> >> block. So if the resource fails on a node the failcount increases, but
> >> whenever the resource automatically recovers the failcount isn't reset.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to reset the failcount to 0, when the monitor is
> >> successful?
> >
> > No, but you can expire them after a period of time.
> >
> > Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org
> > Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf
> > Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

When a resource fails and the failcounter increases it is a reason for
adminstrator intervention to look what went wrong. On that occasion the admin
also can clean the failcounter.

During the normal operation of a cluster a failure should not happen. A non-
zero failcounter is always a sign of a problem.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63