[Pacemaker] attrd waits one second before doing update

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Apr 14 23:55:04 EDT 2013

On 12/04/2013, at 5:45 PM, Rainer Brestan <rainer.brestan at gmx.net> wrote:

> OK, and where is the difference between 1.1.8 and 1.1.7.

Prior to 1.1.8 the local node flushed its value immediately, which caused the CIB to be updated too soon (compared to the other nodes).
Since the whole point of attrd is to try and have them arrive at the same time, we changed this to be more consistent.

> I am currently testing this on a one node cluster, so attrd wait for the message come back from himself.
> This cant take one second, or is attrd waiting this time anyhow to be sure to get it from all nodes back?

There is no additional delay, the local node flushes its value as soon as the message comes back to itself (and therefor all other nodes too)