[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.8, Corosync, No CMAN, Promotion issues

pavan tc pavan.tc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:27:05 EDT 2013

> Absolutely none in the syslog. Only the regular monitor logs from my
resource agent which continued to report as secondary.

> This is very strange, because the thing that caused the I_PE_CALC is a
> timer that goes off every 15 minutes.
> Which would seem to imply that there was a transition of some kind about
> when the failure happened - but somehow it didnt go into the logs.
>
> Could you post the complete logs from 14:00 to 14:30?

Sure. Here goes. Attached are two logs and corosync.conf -
1. syslog (Edited, messages from other modules removed. I have not touched
the pacemaker/corosync related messages)
2 corosync.log (Unedited)
3 corosync.conf

Wanted to mention a couple of things:
-- 14:06 is when the system was coming back up from a reboot. I have
started from the earliest message during boot to the point the I_PE_CALC
timer popped and a promote was called.
-- I see the following during boot up. Does that mean pacemaker did not
start?
Apr 10 14:06:26 corosync [pcmk  ] info: process_ais_conf: Enabling MCP
mode: Use the Pacemaker init script to complete Pacemaker startup

Could that contribute to any of this behaviour?

I'll be glad to provide any other information.

Pavan