[Pacemaker] failure handling on a cloned resource

Johan Huysmans johan.huysmans at inuits.be
Wed Apr 17 07:54:19 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a specific configuration in our cluster, however I'm
struggling with my configuration.

This is what I'm trying to achieve:
On both nodes of the cluster a daemon must be running (tomcat).
Some failover addresses are configured and must be running on the node
with a correctly running tomcat.

I have this achieved with a cloned tomcat resource and an collocation
between the cloned tomcat and the failover addresses.
When I cause a failure in the tomcat on the node running the failover
addresses, the failover addresses will failover to the other node as
expected.
crm_mon shows that this tomcat has a failure.
When I configure the tomcat resource with failure-timeout=0, the failure
alarm in crm_mon isn't cleared whenever the tomcat failure is fixed.
When I configure the tomcat resource with failure-timeout=30, the
failure alarm in crm_mon is cleared after 30seconds however the tomcat
is still having a failure.

What I expect is that pacemaker reports the failure as the failure
exists and as long as it exists and that pacemaker reports that
everything is ok once everything is back ok.

Do I do something wrong with my configuration?
Or how can I achieve my wanted setup?

Here is my configuration:

node CSE-1
node CSE-2
primitive d_tomcat ocf:custom:tomcat \
     op monitor interval="15s" timeout="510s" on-fail="block" \
     op start interval="0" timeout="510s" \
     params instance_name="NMS" monitor_use_ssl="no"
monitor_urls="/cse/health" monitor_timeout="120" \
     meta migration-threshold="1" failure-timeout="0"
primitive ip_1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
     op monitor interval="10s" \
     params nic="bond0" broadcast="10.1.1.1" iflabel="ha" ip="10.1.1.1"
primitive ip_2 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
     op monitor interval="10s" \
     params nic="bond0" broadcast="10.1.1.2" iflabel="ha" ip="10.1.1.2"
group svc-cse ip_1 ip_2
clone cl_tomcat d_tomcat
colocation colo_tomcat inf: svc-cse cl_tomcat
order order_tomcat inf: cl_tomcat svc-cse
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
     dc-version="1.1.8-7.el6-394e906" \
     cluster-infrastructure="cman" \
     no-quorum-policy="ignore" \