[Pacemaker] rhel6/cman+pacemaker - how to use clvm?

Yuriy Demchenko demchenko.ya at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 06:42:37 EDT 2013

Hi

I've set up 3-node cluster with cman+pacemaker as instructed in this
doc:
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html

The purpose of my cluster is to provide HA VM and routing/gateway (thus
RHCS isn't an option for me - no IPaddr2 and Route resources).
But I cannot find any documentation how to use cLVM in cman+pacemaker
cluster, everything I found requires use of "ocf:lvm2:clvmd" resource,
but there's no such resource in rhel6.4/centos6.4
I've tried just starting service clvmd and enabling clustering in lvm -
that works, but clvmd wouldn't start without running cluster - so
apparently i need to start clvmd after pacemaker startup. But in that
case resource "ocf:heartbeat:lvm" would fail to start, as it requires
running clvmd and clvmd starts only after pacemaker...
So I'm confused - how to use cLVM in my case?

--
Yuriy Demchenko