[Pacemaker] RFC: Any interesting in 2.0.0 betas?

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Fri Oct 26 06:57:54 EDT 2012

26.10.2012 13:38, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 26.10.2012 12:43, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>> May be also set it forcibly to uname if uname contains full lexem found
>>> in dns name?
>>
>> Run that past me again?
>
> I mean that if ip address resolves to fqdn, and that fqdn begins with
> what uname call returns (so both node itself and DNS agree on a node
> name for a node with give IP address), then that value from uname could
> be safely used directly.

Ah, that is for local node only...
For remote nodes I would strip FQDN part which begins right at that dot
where FQDN of local node and its uname differ.

my_ring_address == 10.0.0.XXX
my_uname() == "host232"
getaddinfo(my_ring_address) == host232.some.very.long.domain.name.com.

my_node_name = "host232"
my_domain = "some.very.long.domain.name.com."

his_ring_address == 10.0.0.YYY
getaddinfo(his_ring_address) == host238.some.very.long.domain.name.com.

strstr("host238.some.very.long.domain.name.com.", my_domain) != NULL

his_node_name = "host238"