[Pacemaker] ocf:heartbeat:Route failover not working

Borislav Borisov borislav.v.borisov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 06:21:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM, <tony at intermodesystems.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Im new to pacemaker and this cluster software and have hit an issue I
> wonder if someone can help me with please?
>
> I want to setup an ip failover (Which I have done) between 2 nodes, but
> now I need to add a route failover too and this is where I have got stuck.
>
> the ip failover works fine and allows the vip to fail over between the two
> nodes, but now i have added a route failover which needs to go over at the
> same time as the ip, it has error-ed and im an not sure why.

It goes to the other node, because Pacemaker tries to balance resources.

> here is the output of crm_mon. It shows the ip on node01, but when i start
> node02 it fails over the route for some reason?:
>
> [root at node01 ~]# crm_mon -1
> ============
> Last updated: Thu Oct  4 10:52:43 2012
> Stack: openais
> Current DC: node01.local - partition with quorum
> Version: 1.0.12-unknown
> 2 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
> 2 Resources configured.
> ============
>
> Online: [ node01.local node02.local ]
>
>  ClusterIP      (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started node01.local
>  ClusterRoute   (ocf::heartbeat:Route): Started node02.local (unmanaged)
> FAILED
>
> Failed actions:
>     ClusterRoute_start_0 (node=node02.local, call=4, rc=5,
> status=complete): not installed
>     ClusterRoute_stop_0 (node=node02.local, call=5, rc=5,
> status=complete): not installed
>

> here is the output from crm configure show:
>
> [root at node01 ~]# crm configure show
> node node01.local
> node node02.local
> primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>         params ip="192.168.231.217" cidr_netmask="22" nic="bond0.248" \
>         op monitor interval="30s"
> primitive ClusterRoute ocf:heartbeat:Route \
>         params destination="0.0.0.0/0" device="bond0.248"
> gateway="192.168.231.209" \
>         op monitor interval="10" timeout="20" depth="0"
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>         dc-version="1.0.12-unknown" \
>         cluster-infrastructure="**openais" \
>         expected-quorum-votes="2" \
>         stonith-enabled="false" \
>         no-quorum-policy="ignore"
>
> hope someone can help with this as I have no idea why it tries to start
> the route part on the other node?

You will have to set constraints to tie up the relation between the two
resources.

order ClusterRoute_after_ClusterIP inf: ClusterIP ClusterRoute
colocation ClusterRoute_with_ClusterIP inf: ClusterRoute ClusterIP

In this example the ClusterIP will start before the ClusterRoute, and the
latter will start on the node where the former does.

> Thanks in advance for any replies!
>
> Tony

> Getting started: http://www.clusterlabs.org/**doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf<http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf>
> Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org