[Pacemaker] crm resource restart fails to restart the service

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Wed Nov 17 12:26:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

root at cluster1:/# pgrep mysql
961
1127
root at cluster1:/# crm resource restart mysqld
root at cluster1:/# pgrep -fl mysql
961
1127

The restart command doesn't actually restart the process, I have tried
this with another custom built OCF compliant RA and have the same issue.

# rpm -qa '(pacemaker|corosync|resource-agents)'
pacemaker-1.0.9.1-1.el5
resource-agents-1.0.3-2.el5
corosync-1.2.7-1.1.el5

# crm configure show mysqld
primitive mysqld ocf:heartbeat:mysql \
        params binary="/usr/bin/mysqld_safe" config="/etc/my.cnf"
enable_creation="0" datadir="/mysql/database" user="root"
test_user="monitor" test_passwd="monitor" test_table="cluster.monitor" \
        op monitor interval="10s" timeout="5s" \
        op start interval="0s" \
        op stop interval="0s" \
        meta target-role="Started"

Ideas?